Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the greatest gift....

you know what the best part of waking up every day is for me lately?




being me.

i know that may sound kind of weird, but here's the thing:

i love myself. i am finally a person that i love to be. i feel like a good person, worth something.

i spent the last couple of years hating myself. nothing makes life worse than hating waking up and seeing yourself every day, and i don't mean simply physically. waking up and seeing all of your inadequacies and failures written all over yourself. all of your bitterness and hate.
sometimes i felt ashamed to be me, because of the way that i behaved. i felt trapped inside myself.


that was me then. but now i wake up, thrilled to go to work each day and be with kids i love so much they might as well be related to me. i love coming home and being with my family, and spending time with people who love me. i love doing things that enrich myself as a person, and my life....


because i'm worth it.



and knowing that, and loving myself....is truly the greatest gift.

2 comments:

hannabaorange said...

Before you can love somebody else truly, you must first love yourself thoroughly.

I always remember that quote. I'm getting there slowly, but I'm glad you love yourself, that's seriously amazing. Like it's such a huge thing, and I'm glad you realise that :)

You must also know that while you love yourself, so many other people whose lives you have touched, love you too. :) Even if you don't know it. So keep being you and touching peoples lives, truly, because you ARE amazing. <3

jennsdaisypatch said...

awww rache. You deserve to feel this way. I'm so proud of how far you've come. LOVE you!