Friday, February 18, 2011

they call me miss rachel....

i love the kids in my class, can i just say that?
i think i have the best job in the world.



i can't believe i ever lived without it.


having a job is so much better than not having a job (duh)
i know that everyone knows that, i just sorta wish i could go back to myself a year ago, grab myself by the shoulders and give myself a good slap in the face, while saying that.

i was so scared of having a job while i was unemployed, i made up every excuse in the world to not have one. i didn't want to have to wake up early, so avoided any job that might start in the morning. "i'm young, i want to stay up late and do whatever i want," i used to say. embarrassing, i know. i sounded like a teenager. i'm sure derek loved hearing that haha

i used to also scare myself into thinking that with my ibs, i could never hold a regular job. i told everyone i was in too much pain to work. such a facepalm. even when i'm in pain, i love being at work. it helps keep my mind off of it, in fact.

i'm just blessed. i know it's hard to find jobs right now, and i realize how much of a blessing it is that i have one i love so much.


and the kids, they call me miss rachel....and it melts my little heart :D

1 comment:

hannabaorange said...

Nawwwwwwww that's so CUTE. :) I'm so happy you've found a job you really love! Think you might change your mind about what you want to study, and maybe become a teacher instead?! ;)